• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help me help a lady in need

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
A friend of my wife has a 2014 Dodge Journey. It wont start. First thing I told her was its a Dodge... I went over to take a look at it but had minimal tools on me. Just enough to change the battery for her. She already had a mobile mechanic replace the starter and brake pedal switch. I bench tested her old starter and it was fine. I swapped out the ignition/starter relays to rule them out and checked continuity on fuses. Cleaned the chassis grounds. Even jump started the little vacuum pump that creates vacuum to assist the brake booster (something she asked me to try) and still nothing. I didnt have my scanner with me but she said it only had codes for speed sensors and the cat. The only thing I wasnt able to verify was if it was getting a signal down to the starter because I didnt have access to the starter. Coulnd't even verify the mobile mechanic hooked it up. But since her original starter is fine, I feel sure its something else. The only thing I could think of was the neutral safety which apparently on that car is buried in the valve body inside the trans. Everything was lighting upon the cluster. Fuel pump would prime every time. But no crank. Just thought Id see if anyone else could help me help her. She has very limited income and is in a bind. Thanks for any info. Did I mention I hate Dodge/Chrysler....

I ain't no Dodge man myself, but I have seen this on another person's Journey before, it being the anti-theft immobilizer. According to the interwebs, to reset it:

How do you reset the immobilizer on a Dodge Journey?
Enter the vehicle and insert the key into the ignition switch, but don't start the engine. Turn the ignition to the "On" position, and you should see the dash lights come on without the engine cranking. Wait for 10 to 15 minutes with the ignition in the "On" position to allow the anti-theft system to reset.

I ain't no Dodge man myself, but I have seen this on another person's Journey before, it being the anti-theft immobilizer. According to the interwebs, to reset it:

How do you reset the immobilizer on a Dodge Journey?
Enter the vehicle and insert the key into the ignition switch, but don't start the engine. Turn the ignition to the "On" position, and you should see the dash lights come on without the engine cranking. Wait for 10 to 15 minutes with the ignition in the "On" position to allow the anti-theft system to reset.
Hers is a push button. Same process?

Back
Top Bottom