Whatever You Do, You Must See "Lone Survivor"

Awesome book. I almost don't wanna watch it cause I'll be thinking about all the stuff they left out.

Same sentiment here.

My top shooters & I have had the opportunity in the last few months to train w/ a member of the Army's most elite "Special Missions Unit".
The level of intelligence, proficiency, fitness, & courage that exists among these soldiers is truly inspiring. It is such a pleasure to know that these caliber of men still exist but have also advanced from the old days of the "knuckledraggers" spec ops guys to the highly evolved operators of todays military.

In so many ways our country has "lost it's way".... in morals, lack of work ethic, financial irresponsibility, selfishness, etc.

Our country needs heroes & leaders for the younger generations to look up to.

The sad thing is that the guys who deserve our nations respect & gratitude don't get a fraction of the media coverage as all of the bad role models.

The media seems to love promoting all of the slutty, foul-mouthed, drunken, reality show characters that seem to spend their time engaging in the most shallow, self-centered activities constantly taking half naked "selfies" or shooting sex videos to get attention.

It is a tragedy for our country that these talentless individuals that contribute nothing of value to society are given so much media attention while the true heroes in our military & civil services usually get no more than casual mention on the nightly news.

Last meeting with the producers before production several years ago, Marcus told them he would kill them if they F'ed it up.

Glen Beck asked him Friday about it, and he said he was softer now with a wife and kids....

Glen also got Marky Mark an Marcus together.

Saw this over the weekend with 2 co-workers. It is a very good movie.

I will add this, there is a montage of the actual soldiers at the very end (the movie is over at this point) and the theater was DEAD SILENT and nobody moved at all. We had a group of teenagers (4 guys, 2 girls) come and sit right in front of us. As they entered, they were a little rowdy, but not too crazy. I fully expected them to act up during the movie, but they did not.

Again, the ENTIRE theater was 100% respectful for the showing of the actual soldiers at the end. I saw NOBODY on their cell phone, NOBODY walking for the door, and NOBODY talking. It was very neat to see. Even as we filed out to the door, there wasn't any talking or anything.

Good movie, hopefully it will help give perspective to those who do not respect the unique and difficult position of our military in many combat situations.

Jake Tapper doesn't know how close he came to dying in this interview.

[video]http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/01/11/jake_tapper_interviews_lone_survivor_vet_marcus_lu ttrell_they_died_for_nothing.html[/video]

Back
Top Bottom