Whats a 69-72 C-10 worth?

T-Roy

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
167   0
Reaction score
I have a couple in rough shape that I inherited from my dad. I was originally going to build one, but that isn't going to happen. Now I have someone interested in them and I have no idea what a fair price is. Don't have any pics, they aren't stored at the house,, but here's the basics.

Both are short bed, I think stepsides (at least one is) one has a motor and a tranny but the cab is rusted pretty bad. The other is a roller with a decent cab. I think they both have glass.

So its a build one out of two deal. But both would need a lot of work, they're original, rough.

So what's a fair price for both?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

So 1k for both is a serious lowball offer probably? Its been sitting several years but you could crank the one if you poured gas in the carb

If you can take both and make a running truck and not have more than a few hundred in the journey ,then a grand is not enough .

If someone is only offering a grand for the pair, spend a weekend tearing them apart and sell the parts. Guarantee you'll come out ahead more than what is being offered.

I bought these two several years ago for either 1600 or 1800. Both were basically rollers. I sold the front clip off of the blue for around 400, and stripped the interior of the red and sold it for 5-600..

Attachments

• 20140126_160217.jpg
    20140126_160217.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 16
  • 20140126_160708.jpg
    20140126_160708.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 15
So 1k for both is a serious lowball offer probably? Its been sitting several years but you could crank the one if you poured gas in the carb

Oh yeah very low offer. When I first joined here we had a 68 short bed step side that was drivable with 6 cylinder. Had some rust in the usual areas and a V8 would've been more desirable but it still brought $5K . One thing I've learned from the old **** is that you price it by the usable parts not as a whole. Like my landlord has a 57 Bel Air 4 door parts car. Yeah it's a 4 door so it takes a big hit on value. But all that chrome that was removed and put in the trunk is worth good money. Just like all that glass and front clip parts.

Oh yeah very low offer. When I first joined here we had a 68 short bed step side that was drivable with 6 cylinder. Had some rust in the usual areas and a V8 would've been more desirable but it still brought $5K . One thing I've learned from the old **** is that you price it by the usable parts not as a whole. Like my landlord has a 57 Bel Air 4 door parts car. Yeah it's a 4 door so it takes a big hit on value. But all that chrome that was removed and put in the trunk is worth good money. Just like all that glass and front clip parts.
time is money and parting out a car takes a **** ton of it

Back
Top Bottom