• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's going on the smoker/grill today?

Tonight’s fare consisted of fresh French bread made by yours truly, smoked sausage, smoked tenderloin, some sliced cheddar and some leftover collards. Nothing too fancy but slap yo mama flavor!!

Attachments

• IMG_1357.jpeg
    IMG_1357.jpeg
    252 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1355.jpeg
    IMG_1355.jpeg
    271 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1354.jpeg
    IMG_1354.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1356.jpeg
    IMG_1356.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1351.jpeg
    IMG_1351.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1352.jpeg
    IMG_1352.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 19
Man that was some excellent yard pimp!

I made a paste with lime, orange juice, bourbon whiskey honey, fresh garlic, homemade paprika, cumin, chili powder, S&P. Rubbed it down and let soak in for a few hours at room temp. Used some cherry from a tree I cut in the back 40. Mmmmm nom nom.

Attachments

• IMG_1378.jpeg
    IMG_1378.jpeg
    324.3 KB · Views: 12
This is bbq from a boneless pork butt. I haven't done this in years. I saw boneless pork butts at Aldi and grabbed one. It came already wrapped in netting. I seasoned it with my butt rub and smoked it at 250 until internal temp hit 150. Roughly 3 1/2 hours. I put it in the fridge overnight to firm up. I cut off the netting and put it on my slicer. It's delicious and tender. It's great cold but also great to throw some slices in a skillet and let them heat up with a splash of sauce. I need to make this more often. It's thinner than it appears in the picture. Just thick enough to hold together.
bbq.JPG

Looks great! I’m a sliced butt slut. My favorite way of eating barbecue.
interesting way of doing it though.
I usually smoke it to a temp of 180 and pull from the heat at that point. Let it cool down a bit and then put it on the slicer. Makes a god awful mess of the Hobart but the results are well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom