• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's going on the smoker/grill today?

Beer butt yard bird.
20240413_231627.jpg

Tried smoking a chuck roast for the first time. Came out pretty good.
They call it the Poor Man's Brisket....which is actually inaccurate because, per pound, chuck roast is more expensive than brisket. But since you can't buy a two pound brisket, it's less expensive to buy a chuck roast than a brisket; hence the name. :nerd:

Either way, it's good. I've done it several times now and almost prefer it to brisket just for the ease of smoking and lack of prep time.

They call it the Poor Man's Brisket....which is actually inaccurate because, per pound, chuck roast is more expensive than brisket. But since you can't buy a two pound brisket, it's less expensive to buy a chuck roast than a brisket; hence the name. :nerd:

Either way, it's good. I've done it several times now and almost prefer it to brisket just for the ease of smoking and lack of prep time.

It was a hit. Going to try a sirloin roast next.

Tried smoking a chuck roast for the first time. Came out pretty good.
Malcolm Reed does one where he gets a bark on it and some smoke and then he transfers is to a foil tray, adds butter and beef stock, and covers with foil until done. It turned out great for me once and got overcooked another time, but that's on me.

This was smoke all the things kind of weekend.

4 half-butts mid smoke.

20240427_115524.jpg

Cold smoked pork loins after about a month of air curing. Figured I'd have some room in the smoker and salt cured 2lbs of salmon filets to make lox. Needs to rest a week for smoke flavor to mellow out.

20240428_193404.jpg

Back
Top Bottom