• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whats hurts the most?

It their guns. I just get a sick feeling when people refinish WWII firearms. Just drives me nuts. I have seen some great examples of guns with just a little bit of finish wear, get refinished and tarnished.

It their guns. I just get a sick feeling when people refinish WWII firearms. Just drives me nuts. I have seen some great examples of guns with just a little bit of finish wear, get refinished and tarnished.

I agree, I found a 1903 springfield once and the stock was dinged up. I steamed the stock to pull out most of the dings, then rubbed it with 0000 steel wool and left that baby ALONE

Yep, it's their gun, but every picture in this thread makes me sad way down deep inside

(shudders, shakes head....)

Last edited:
4.bp.blogspot.com__XCkTSf0swcQ_SeHGmzY5SeI_AAAAAAAAFrI_Um_o__3n7Vo_s400_weird_jesus_holy_gun.jpg
This is pretty bad!

lmaooooooooo

I agree about a Garand or rare generic C&R being the only ones I would not want to see altered. I'm currently sanding on a Colt 1908 .380. Just have to trust that it was to that point as i didn't take before pictures.

I agree with it is their gun and therefore it is theirs to do as they please. however, it hurts to see any milsurp altered from the way it was produced to be used. If someone takes a fairly rare gun and bubba's it then i look at it that there is one less gun in circulation. Not that I sell many of my milsurps but when i die my wife will get rid of all of them. If I find a cheap bubba'ed rifle I will buy it just because I may be able to save it. All that said it still hurts my heart to see a altered milsurp gun.

Back
Top Bottom