What's the best and worst live performance you have seen and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Yngwie Malmsteen open for AC/DC in 85 at the Omni. I saw him open for Maiden again at the Omni in 87. People had WAY less patience for his Hendrix type guitar tricks and feedbacks that rattled the building. That's the only time I ever saw an act get booed off stage.
Best show (Of Course) was Motorhead in Charlotte back in 2011. I only regret that I didn't get to see them at a bigger venue before Lemmy died.

Saw MOTORHEAD at The Fillmore in Charlotte as well (up close and personal) and I thought that was an excellent place to witness their BADASSNESS! :rockon::rockon::rockon: Long live Lemmy!

After Lemmy's death, got to see Mikkey Dee again playing drums for the Scorpions! The guy is a madman on drums!

Best was AC/DC when they were at Phillips a few years ago. Tie for first was maybe Kid Rock and ZZ Top at Lakewood a couple years ago. Worst one was Bon Jovi about 6 weeks ago. All he wanted to sing was his " political songs" even made a dedication to senator John Lewis. Really didn't sound that good either to me.

Best was AC/DC when they were at Phillips a few years ago. Tie for first was maybe Kid Rock and ZZ Top at Lakewood a couple years ago. Worst one was Bon Jovi about 6 weeks ago. All he wanted to sing was his " political songs" even made a dedication to senator John Lewis. Really didn't sound that good either to me.
I'm ashamed to say I paid money to see Bon Jovi in 87 at the Omni. Cinderella opened for them and did a better job. But Jon Bon Jovi can choke on a fat one. He's just another New Jersey liberal douchebag like Springsteen. He made appearances with Hillary last year.
The fact is that I already know that the majority of popular musicians are libtards and commies. But they would do well to keep their opinions to themselves. I want to print up stickers and shirts they read " Just shut up and sing!"

Saw many in the 70's &80's, walked out on Zeppelin at Fulton County stadium it was so bad, they were great later at the Omni, saw Kiss at Georgia Tech, best times to be had were at the Agora, had a big Foster's in each hand, saw the B 52's,Dead Kennedys, the Plasmatics were a helluva show, saw the Ramones about eight times and got to go to a dressing room party after one show, those were the good old days.

Worst show I guess was at Coney Island High in the Village. It was Madball with Stigma on guitar opening for the Business. Tons of old school crew there. Lower East Side Crew. Saw a kid get his head stomped flat in the middle of the Madball set. Dead. Just like that. Blood and gore was all over the floor and they wheeled him out then cranked up the amps and all hell continued to break loose. I saw the Business 2 weeks before that in Augusta. Those were the days right???....... Show was awesome. Kid getting killed in front of me not so much.

Worst show I guess was at Coney Island High in the Village. It was Madball with Stigma on guitar opening for the Business. Tons of old school crew there. Lower East Side Crew. Saw a kid get his head stomped flat in the middle of the Madball set. Dead. Just like that. Blood and gore was all over the floor and they wheeled him out then cranked up the amps and all hell continued to break loose. I saw the Business 2 weeks before that in Augusta. Those were the days right???....... Show was awesome. Kid getting killed in front of me not so much.
Dang!

The absolute best had to be a not so well known group called Thunder. It was at a 3 day open air concert at Finthen Army Airfield in Germany in the mid 90's. Also playing were Foreigner, Rod Stewart, Sunnyland Blues Band, Joe Cocker, John Miles, Diesel, Tina Turner, and Prince to name a few.

Other than that. Pink Floyd in Hockenheim at Nurburgring, The Stones in Mannheim Germany and in Jacksonville Florida, Deep Purple in a High School Gymnasium, Yes at the New Haven Colosseum, and now the wife and my favorite each year is the Blues Festival at Jacksonville Beach.

That was the Municipal Auditorium and it was good. I saw The Who and Queen there too. My high school graduation was in that place. Went to Alex Cooley's Electric Ballroom afterwards and Charlie Daniel's was playing

Alex Cooley's. Used to haunt that place quit a bit. Wrestled on the floor with Ted Nugent when he jumped from the bar onto me as he was showing off making his entrance to the stage. Those were the days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom