• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the best and worst live performance you have seen and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunanddoglover

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Dog Father
315   0
Reaction score
Gwinnett, trailer park of the Milky Way Galaxy
For me the best was Santana. I have seen him twice. Once in 1975 at the Aragon Ball room, Chicago, and in the mid 80's at the Fox.
3 hour non stop show. He introduced each member of his ensemble and each member got to do his or her own solo. The sound was fantastic.
The worst. I mean a steaming pile of dog flop was Frank Zappa at the Civic center in Atlanta. Horrible acoustics and every song had a screaming guitar solo that lasted way too long.

Blackberry smoke and ZZ Top tie for first place. They just play it like it's supposed to be played! The worst was last year at Greg Allman. He has/had a lot of health issue and it just didn't sound Right and the band wasn't helping. It was just a big disappointmemt but in no way a true reflection of the man and his music.

Justin Moore and Alan Jackson have to be a tie for best I've seen. The worst was Hank Jr. He was so drunk he was skipping from song to song halfway through.

Blackberry smoke and ZZ Top tie for first place. They just play it like it's supposed to be played! The worst was last year at Greg Allman. He has/had a lot of health issue and it just didn't sound Right and the band wasn't helping. It was just a big disappointmemt but in no way a true reflection of the man and his music.
Agree completely, saw them together at Chastain Park in 07, helluva show!

Garth Brooks- great show. Took my whole family including my 65 year old mother who doesn't like country music and likes old school rock and she loved it...mom said it was the best show she'd ever seen.

Best was Rod Stewart, plenty of energy,great show.
Worst was Lyle Lovett. Saw it right before Christmas and one of my friends gave us all a blank CD titled "The Best of Lyle Lovett" for Christmas.

Best: Billy Joel back in late 80s. Worst: AC/DC same time period. I actually walked out of that show they were so bad.
Wow sir this surprises me....ac/dc was the best I've ever seen,but, I saw them in 90's....saw a band 2yrs in a row in PCB called STEEL RAIN,they're a native American heavy metal/hard rock band that was awesome too....hank Jr.was so drunk when I saw him in the omni that he sat down the whole show,course I was a drinker in those days so I thought it was good,actually it probbly wasnt

Best-tie for Pink Floyd and the Who. Don't want to pick between those two shows! They were unbelievable. The best small group was Follow For Now who opened for Living Color at the Cotton Club and blew them out with their performance! Absolute worst was Snatches'O Pink in Athens back in early mid 80's that featured punk dykes with a projection of the lead satisfying her cat with a qtip. Can't make that up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom