• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the best and worst live performance you have seen and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife saw Prince and still is a big fan. My mom wouldn't let me go to the Omni for Purple Rain since I was like 14 at the time. But everybody I know that saw him live said it was amazing. It was just too bad that people actually think Michael jackson was better. No ****ing way! Rick James was better than MJ.

I was there-- second row, behind Mike Fratello (sp?) coach of the Hawks at the time. Still got one of Prince's guitar picks from that show.

I agree with you about MJ-- his best album was Off the Wall, and yeah, even though I never saw either perform, I'd prefer to have to gone to a RJ show

The worst ? Led Zeppelin in '76 at the Omni. I think they were winding up their tour and completely smacked out of their minds at least one of them ...
The best? It would have to be one of three; tool at the infinity energy center in 2013 , 9 inch nails in Gwinnett in 2014, or the butthole surfers at the 688 club in 1992. Santana at the Capri ball room in 82 would be a very close fourth

Saw so many bands in ATL I can't remember them all. A ton of good ones. Most memorable?.... Probably in 97 when Warzone (RIP Raybees) opened up for the Business (RIP Micky) at the Masquerade. I just got back from Haiti and was on leave. The fiance (now wife of 20 years) got me tickets and we saw them. Raybees died later that year of pneumonia complications (thanks VA).
Rancid were jerks in 95 when they played Masquerade. Total pretentious jerks. Punk primadonnas.
God only knows how many GOOD bands I saw, hung out with, and sang with back in those days. Masquerade was my spot due to me being under 21. The other clubs that had bands play I couldn't get into. Back in those days it seemed like the AntiHeros played once a month at Masquerade. Beer Olympics put on by Mark Noah form the AntiHeros had a ton of band show up too.
I thoroughly enjoyed the RANCID show. They were really good in 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom