• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the point?

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
Okay I've only been around here since 2013 so maybe I miss ed some things. But I saw this when the Glock 42 hit the market and now the 43. But why go fill out the form for a brand new gun to just turn around and sell it before you even put a round through it? I'm not criticizing or calling out any one member. I just don't get it. When I get any gun new or used I'm shooting it! And I don't buy them with the mindset of flipping them or what kind of profit is in it. There ain't nowhere near enough profit in guns from one individual to another to make it worth it.
I just don't get it. But on a kind of related not I know guys with registered machinguns that are NIB / unfired in the safe. No way in hell I could do that. But anyway, to make $50.00 or $100.00 on a new gun...it just don't seem worth it.

Yep.

I can't do it either.....

Unless something is extremely collectible. And I'm not a collector-I am utilitarian.

The profit lies in buying blue label then flipping for a premium price.

I'm not against anyone making money on a gun, whatever two parties agree to is their biz. It does chap me that LEO's take part in this kind of thing. I guess I hold them to a higher moral standard or something.

Meanwhile, I'm heading out this AM to see if I can find a 43 in stock for a legit price. Pretty tough to find one for a tax paying citizen like me, LOL

Well as I mentioned in a previous thread there is one on Armslist for $700.00 that's been there at least two weeks. And I hope it stays there at that price. It's silly enough with this model 43 but I really didn't get it with the 42. Unless your a hardcore Glock collector who really gives a damn bout another low capacity 380? I can think of at least 5 different brands that were already doing the same thing for less money.

I have a cop friend that told me all about the Blue Box deal last week. He couldn't justify owning another one just because of the size and current hype. And yes, it's pretty irresponsible and ****ty for any cop to flip a gun that they just got with their discount. Again, the possible downside of flipping a handgun that has your name on the forms is definitely NOT worth putting $50.00/$100.00 in your pocket. Not even close. It wouldn't be worth it at $500.00. Not to me anyway. Maybe the Blue Box guns should be marked LEO Use Only on the slide and frame. Probably wouldn't matter though.

I've said it before on here. These flippers need to be careful. Buying a gun for the sole purpose of making a profit is illegal without an ffl. And anyone that thinks the atf doesn't watch sites like this is crazy. Those butt holes will set you up in a heart beat. :behindsofa:

Back
Top Bottom