• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's up with deer charging the side of my car.

SMLEshooter

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
92   0
Reaction score
My wife was driving to work this morning and was hit in the side by a deer...

This is the second time in the last year or two along the same stretch of road.

She said it was running along the road way and she slowed down to get away from it (last time she sped up to get away). Instead it turned and ran right into the side of her brand new Jeep...

She said it was running along the road way and she slowed down to get away from it (last time she sped up to get away). Instead it turned and ran right into the side of her brand new Jeep...

Deer must be as dumb as kangaroos. :cool:

The DNR notes that Jeeps are an abomination to deer and treerats. Expect more attacks.

It happens all the time.

I haven’t seen a live deer on the side of the road since I put deer whistles on my truck about 5 years ago. Before I bought the whistles I used to see them all the time.

I am having a salvage yard coming up, to pick up my Brides 05 Grand Am..she hit one last year in the front, extensive damage to the ft, but still drove it home. Will be glad to get rid of it..

Deer don't turn very well on road surfaces with hooves. I watched a 4pt bounce off a co-workers car a few years back trying to turn away. She was upset and really freaked out when I said at least the other 3 didn't follow it from the side of the road.

It happens all the time.

I haven’t seen a live deer on the side of the road since I put deer whistles on my truck about 5 years ago. Before I bought the whistles I used to see them all the time.
2 questions
What is the Doppler effect?
How fast do you have to drive to outrun it?

Google says the speed of sound is about 767 miles per hour. So I prolly ain’t outdrivin the sound of my deer whistles in my truck. The Doppler effect just increases the pitch during the approach. Anyways I reckon they account for the Doppler effect in the design of the deer whistles. They sell two whistle sets, and the two whistles are tuned to different frequencies.

Back
Top Bottom