What's up with deer charging the side of my car.

It happens all the time.

I haven’t seen a live deer on the side of the road since I put deer whistles on my truck about 5 years ago. Before I bought the whistles I used to see them all the time.
Deer whistles ONLY work if the deer in your area have attended the mandatory "deer whistle school". Held monthly at a local hotel in your area.
My mother in law put those things on her car. Shortly after, had a deer almost hit her. When we checked, there was fur stuck in the lettering on the side of the car. Never had an issue before after. I was convinced those things called to deer (at least in that area).

BTW, I doubt deer would hear that, turn, and run. You'd think they'd do the same for headlights, but no!
Their benefit is probably to get deer to stop and freeze somewhere other than in the road ahead of you.

My mother in law put those things on her car. Shortly after, had a deer almost hit her. When we checked, there was fur stuck in the lettering on the side of the car. Never had an issue before after. I was convinced those things called to deer (at least in that area).

BTW, I doubt deer would hear that, turn, and run. You'd think they'd do the same for headlights, but no!
Their benefit is probably to get deer to stop and freeze somewhere other than in the road ahead of you.

Sounds like she bought those whistles just in time. Otherwise that deer prolly would have come through the windshield.

Driving about 45 mph at night. 8 pointer jumped out in front of me and did this to my 88 Caprice. He was DRT.

Caprice.JPG

I've had the same experience as the O.P. Deer on side of road, deer runs WITH my car, in the same direction as me, but he's on the shoulder and I'm on the pavement. Then he turns INTO me and "thump" -- he bounces off my right door. Leaves a small dent on the body, but no scratches. I guess it was only fur, not antler or teeth or hooves, that made contact.

Back
Top Bottom