• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's up with everyone so worried about legal stuff in a defensive situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eflat

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
7   0
Reaction score
If I ever have to shoot someone in a true defensive situation, and I live to tell the tell, the last thing I will give a crap about is going to court and the kind of gun I used or what kind of ammo was in my gun. I will be alive and well. Period. End of discussion. No one in here can tell me you would rather be dead than use the best tools to save your life. So I don't get all the legal crap that people spew all over the internet.

Tell that to the people in jail or who spent every dime they had defending themselves in court. I agree I'd rather be alive then dead. But being realistic in the legal repercussions after a shooting is smart and I'd rather not give the opposing lawyers anymore ammo against me than needed

OP, In your opinion, Can you describe when it is legal to use deadly force? A couple scenarios?

If someone has a gun on me or any member of my family and we are in immediate danger or if someone armed breaks in my home, tries to car jack, would you like me to go on. I have several very good friends that are fairly well known attorneys in Douglas County and at the State level. Everyone of them will tell you the same thing, first and foremost to defend yourself as best as possible.

If I ever have to shoot someone in a true defensive situation, and I live to tell the tell, the last thing I will give a crap about is going to court and the kind of gun I used or what kind of ammo was in my gun. I will be alive and well. Period. End of discussion. No one in here can tell me you would rather be dead than use the best tools to save your life. So I don't get all the legal crap that people spew all over the internet.

And you probably cant tell anyone in here about all the difficulties you can face after the shooting, when the (potential) scumbag's family is coming after you and your family for restitution. I am sure there are also plenty of people that would die before taking a life, just the way it is.... Anyway, I applaud you for spewing (oops i mean sharing) your opinions on a public forum, but thats what it is, an opinion, and unless you have been through this, your probably not really the end all authority on the subject ><

I also posted by two cents about flashlights for identification in home defense situations. I know who is supposed to be in my house, and who is not, but some think they need to shine a light on someone before they "throw down". I wouldn't ever turn on a flash light in my house when burglars are on the prowl because its going to turn all their attention to me, but to each there own. I in no way think i am any authority on the thousand of scenarios one could present.

If someone has a gun on me or any member of my family and we are in immediate danger or if someone armed breaks in my home, tries to car jack, would you like me to go on. I have several very good friends that are fairly well known attorneys in Douglas County and at the State level. Everyone of them will tell you the same thing, first and foremost to defend yourself as best as possible.

Agree with those scenarios, I was just curious where you were coming from.

And you probably cant tell anyone in here about all the difficulties you can face after the shooting, when the (potential) scumbag's family is coming after you and your family for restitution. I am sure there are also plenty of people that would die before taking a life, just the way it is.... Anyway, I applaud you for spewing (oops i mean sharing) your opinions on a public forum, but thats what it is, an opinion, and unless you have been through this, your probably not really the end all authority on the subject ><

I also posted by two cents about flashlights for identification in home defense situations. I know who is supposed to be in my house, and who is not, but some think they need to shine a light on someone before they "throw down". I wouldn't ever turn on a flash light in my house when burglars are on the prowl because its going to turn all their attention to me, but to each there own. I in no way think i am any authority on the thousand of scenarios one could present.[/QUOT

Gonna start a new thread with better wording of what I meant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom