• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What's wrong with this deer?

Well, here is the state deer biologist answer. Impressively fast response. Despite his credentials though, I have a hard time believing this to be as common as he makes it sound when none of the other people I've asked about this, most with decades of experience hunting whitetail deer, have ever seen another one that looked like that.

But who am I to question the knowledge of the state deer biologist for the dnr?

Screenshot_20230720-193709~2.png

Were any other bucks caught on cam close to the same time? This time of the year they are usually cruising in bachelor groups so him being alone may be a sign whatever it is caused the other bucks to push him away.

Hopefully you’ll get more pictures of him to see if it’s improving or getting worse

I see deer like that this time of year every year. Always attributed it to the black flies that pester the ever loving **** out of deer this time of year. Charlie Killmaster knows his stuff though. I’d trust his word. Solid dude.

Were any other bucks caught on cam close to the same time? This time of the year they are usually cruising in bachelor groups so him being alone may be a sign whatever it is caused the other bucks to push him away.

Hopefully you’ll get more pictures of him to see if it’s improving or getting worse
It’ll go away come winter. Watch.

Nope. Not really seeing much bachelor groups right now. Mostly singles or doubles.

Killmaster knows his stuff.
My guess was going to be that the deer might have fibromas on him.
My son shot a 4 pt in 2021 that had them. His deer had a rather peculiar looking coat as well.
IMG_7853.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom