• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Whats your favorite gun store and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite store is Dave's Guns and Guy Stuff in Griffin GA. He is very knowledgeable, doesn't push anything on you and he treats you right. Fairly small shop but you are guaranteed to see something strange or interesting there.

Dave is now a very good friend of mine and I met him as a customer in his shop.

My Favs are Deatons in Loganville (formerly Loganville Pawn Shop). Always get a good deal, and have a good relationship with the staff. Also, if they don't have it they will order it. I guess Franklins in Athens is ok, I just hate going in there and having to haggle with them because thier prices are so much higher than anywhere else. Finally, Academy Sports in Athens is my third favorite, they have good prices and selection, but thier policies are a little over the top for my liking. ( Ex: additional Paperwork on top of 4473, and they have an employee walk you out of the store once you buy a gun) I know that is for safety, but it makes me uneasy for some reason.

Gotta put Adel Pawn and Gift on the list. (Adel, GA). If you are in the area, it is well worth the time to stop in. Chad (the owner) and Danny (manager) are great to deal with. They are very generous on trade value, and their new gun prices are usually within $40 of dealer cost. HUGE inventory to boot!

I like a few different shops

The good
Forsyth County Pawn - good group of guys, decent prices , i have purchased 6 firearms from there over the years. Richard is also a great Glock armor there as well.
Ed's in Stockbridge - Nice selection , good prices, helpful staff
SPD in Smyrna great selection, lots of accessories, and very knowledgeable staff . I have purchased 2 glocks and a few knifes from there
Bulls eye in Cumming - great range, very knowledgeable staff and after I blew my elbow out and had to learn to shoot in a different style they gave me some great pointers. the owner is a good guy. If you get a range yearly membership you'll save a lot of money. they will also let you bring you child there to shoot from 7 or 8 on up. (my son loves it)

Average
Adventure outdoors used to be one of my favorite places. great prices helpful staff. Prices are still good but the last few times I went there the customer service has left a lot to be desired.

The bad
American Classic Marksman in Norcross - dirty cramped range, and a few of the staff act like its total inconvenience to help you spend money there. Tried it 4 different times and only once did i get someone who was not rude.

-Deaton's
-Mainstreet Firearms in Lilburn is decent. Their prices are average, but they are much friendlier than Bull's Eye and other places in the area. And their gunsmith is a good guy to deal with
-Sporting Arms. Jerry is a good guy to deal with and has good prices on his stuff.

I've heard a number of good things about 400 Jewelry and Loan. I haven't actually been, but they had good prices on some stuff I saw on GB.

I gotta vote for 3 stores. On the outside it seems that there are three different stores but all three have the same owners.

Forsyth County Pawn
400 Jewelry and Loan
Cherokee Pawn.

I know the guys that run all three and all have been no less than great to deal with.
Paul is a great guy and Roger ain't too bad.:D

That's X5 or X6 for this "family" of stores ... I have traded, bought and FFL transferred with them for several years now and have found them to be knowledgable, professional and easy to deal with ... usually the best "local" prices in the Metro Atlanta Area.

I usually deal with Brian at Forsyth Pawn.

Forsyth Pawn is located on Highway 9 just before you reach the town square of Cumming, Georgia and a long block south of Sullivan's Classic Arms who does really good gunsmithing work. However, be warned, you will always need to call Sullivan's and make an appointment before you go there (as someone else on this or another forum so aptly stated: "he thinks he is a Doctor!").

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom