• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What's your favorite/new sword?

1BEC0FB0-5250-49CE-B419-B5A4B1112E80.jpeg
4277BD84-FC9B-4029-9DF8-D674D579580C.jpeg

13 Fishing reel on some kind of rod that was on clearance at Tackle warehouse. It’s a 7’4” medium heavy. I bought another 13 Fishing reel that was on sale a few weeks ago and was blown away at the performance for the price. It’s a 170 reel that holds its own next to my Shimano Metanium. The Metanium is certainly better but it’s also 2 1/2 times the price.

My son has been learning to cast a bait caster our last few trips. Now that he is pretty good at it I bought this one for us to share. When we are in the kayaks we use each other’s stuff. So I need him to have stuff I really like to use LOL.

I’m really impressed with there offerings in this 150-200 range. I have heard good things about their more affordable stuff as well. If I’m going to drop the big money I’ll probably stick with Shimano.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/13_Fishing_Casting_Reels/catpage-TFCR.html

I recently purchased an Echo Boost Salt 10W fly rod and an Ion 8/10 reel for salmon and Muskies in Michigan and Stripers in Ga.
I also purchased a cheaper Cabela’s 8W combo for Steelhead/Pike/Bass fishing.

I’ll be using the Echo combo in a couple of weeks once the Salmon run gets in full swing.

I splurged and bought a St Croix rod that was $150. And a $200 Shimano reel. That's my primary rod. Then I bought a $200 backup setup. There's nothing like a good rod and reel setup. I fished with a Eagle Claw rod with a $200 Shimano that I bought in 87. It served me well. I doesn't hold a candle to the St. Croix rod though. My back up has a Shimano bait runner reel. I love to hear the buzz when that fish takes off. It's music. Both of mine are a spinning reels. I love my spinning reels.

Back
Top Bottom