• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When did you/do you plan to take SS?

Lol, like SS will be around in 20 years.
SS will be around "forever", because it let's the Gubment "play the float", gives them an excuse/reason to get their hands on your money, hold it for 40 plus years, then dole it back to you.

My question is why isn't basic SS retirement based on $15/hour like the Dems are always yelling about, a living wage???

SS will be around "forever", because it let's the Gubment "play the float", gives them an excuse/reason to get their hands on your money, hold it for 40 plus years, then dole it back to you.

My question is why isn't basic SS retirement based on $15/hour like the Dems are always yelling about, a living wage???
I agree and Excellent Question!!!

I was denied at 62. Will be 64 soon. have worked and paid in to the slush fund since the age of 12. If you go to sign up, answer no to, is there any health issues that will kill you. Just hit no and go on.
I'd like to know what that has to do with anything......Gees.....

I began drawing SS at 62 after I mapped out drawing at age 62 vs. my full retirement age vs. age 70. The total amount received in each instance equaled out at age 78, which is the average life expectancy. Since SS was never part of my retirement planning I looked at it from a total amount retrieved standpoint rather than a cash flow perspective. If I make it past 78 then I guess that was the wrong move.
This may be irrational, but I view it as my money (and my employer's matching contribution) the government took and I want it back ASAP.
That is what I did also. My break even was 77 years old. I passed that a couple of years back, but don’t regret it ‘cause I haven’t worked a day since 2005.

Im 55 and my wife(53) just retired . I had planned on working to 65...then 62.. Now up in the air. I have done ok in last 22 years on 401. It just boils down to health insurance for me. Once the kubota is paid off ill be 'debt free'. I really would like 58.

I’m 65 now, and can get it, but the tax will be so much..not sure if I will, doing fine now.Guess if I get broke I will. The only bill I have is property tax, and some living expense, and my wife seems to take care of that

I took my SS at 62. We've been self-employed for 40 years and my wife is planning on taking hers at 66 for tax reasons. All our earned income is on her now.... hopefully it all works out. Talking to a good tax lawyer - accountant might be a good thing if your self-employed.

Back
Top Bottom