When is Deadly Force justified during a riot?

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
Has anyone considered this? Let's hope this is nothing more than an interesting conversation, but understanding the legalities may be very important to some of us very soon.

You've got rioters on the street outside your home or business. What action by the rioters would justify your use of deadly force?

they come in my home the minute the foot steps through the door ur clear to fire that is a home invasion if they are armed the minute they step on the property ( not sure about the 2nd part) but that would be my reaction if ur armed and coming at me in a riot ur catching a bullet

If the rioters decide to make their way into my place, through force, they will find me pointing my shotgun filled with buckshot/slugs at their heads. I have other firearms to back the shotgun up with. :)

i'd imagine in a multiple intruder situation, the best choice would be a high cap rifle. so that means the most common one sitting around the house. ar15 should do the job with 30 rounds available plus back up mags right?

they come in my home the minute the foot steps through the door ur clear to fire that is a home invasion if they are armed the minute they step on the property ( not sure about the 2nd part) but that would be my reaction if ur armed and coming at me in a riot ur catching a bullet

Most of the time rioters are not actually armed. How does that change your decision?

- - - Updated - - -

at the point that I am less concerned with any possible prison sentence than I am with the person(s) committing crimes against me or my family.

Hmmm. Nice knowing you. If you end up in prison, you're a dead man anyway.

If the rioters decide to make their way into my place, through force, they will find me pointing my shotgun filled with buckshot/slugs at their heads. I have other firearms to back the shotgun up with. :)

There's the real quandary. If they are coming into your home en mass it may be to late regardless of your actions.

Realize that it will not matter if the person you shoot is part of a group of hundreds of rioters. When you go to court you will have to justify why you shot THAT individual person and saying they were a rioter isn't going to cut it.

You will also be held responsible for every round fired. When there is a large group of people the possibility of a round hitting an unintended target is VERY high.

Back
Top Bottom