Where do you buy the powder/balls/caps around Gwinnett

darrenmd

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
I traded for a Savage 1861 Navy 36 cal revolver. I would like to fire it, but don't know where to buy the powder/balls/caps around Gwinnett. Any help would be appreciated.

Get pistol powder,Think its ffffg or the pyrodex pistol stuff,#11 percussion caps.Round balls and grease so you dont have a chain fire

Get pistol powder,Think its ffffg or the pyrodex pistol stuff,#11 percussion caps.Round balls and grease so you dont have a chain fire

This for the most part. I use pyrodex in mine usually because it's much easier cleaning, but the real black powder makes a really nice cloud while you are shooting!
The caps could be #10 or 11. With the 11, if it's a bit too big, just give it a good pinch when you put it on, to keep it from falling off.
I use vaseline to seal the ends of the chambers instead of grease.

I went to Bass Pro...They had everything but the caps..... They thought Academy Sports &
Outdoors might have some. I went there and they do not carry any black powder stuff... muzzle loader either.... just an FYI.

Last edited:
I went to Bass Pro...They had everything but the caps..... They thought Adventure Outdoors might have some. I went there and they do not carry any black powder stuff... muzzle loader either.... just an FYI.

I have some #11 you can have.Gotta find em.ooops there i go trying to be nice sorry,hahahaha

Back
Top Bottom