• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where does everybody buy their gold/silver?

Roger that. Great feedback on this. Thanks for the info y’all. My coworker swears by this website, what do y’all think since we are having a discussion? What are things to watch out for when buying? I’m late to the party but completely sketched out with having so much cash that might be worthless one day. Hopefully not but man it seems like more now then before.

Know what to look for, there are more fake so called silver dollars out there than there are real ones. The Chinese are making more fake American coins then we make of real ones. Even a lot of graded coins are fake. When buying coins and bullion always carry a magnet (silver is not magnetic), a good coin book (for correct weights and measurements), a scale and buy a test kit. If you buy sterling never buy anything not marked sterling, you will always find some kind of marking.

Know what to look for, there are more fake so called silver dollars out there than there are real ones. The Chinese are making more fake American coins then we make of real ones. Even a lot of graded coins are fake. When buying coins and bullion always carry a magnet (silver is not magnetic), a good coin book (for correct weights and measurements), a scale and buy a test kit. If you buy sterling never buy anything not marked sterling, you will always find some kind of marking.
I agree. I am an active coin buyer/seller/trader and belong to several coin dealer related groups. Ebay is awash with Chinese copies of PCGS certified coins in fake holders selling for good money. If you aren't sure of what you are buying, don't buy it, there are very few "real deals" in the coin business.

I shopped at one of the local pawn shops recently and we were talking Chinese fakes, he took out a bag of silver dollars, US Trade dollars and seated liberty dollars and dumped them on the counter. The looked great for the most part. He had a rare earth magnet and as soon as it got within 6 inches of the coins they all (ALL) jumped to the magnet. Silver is not magnetic. They were all Chinese fakes that his staff bought for good money, without testing first.

Buy from reputable dealers. If someone is selling cheap on Craigslist, don't waste your time. These Chinese fakes show up at yard sales and flea markets often and when faced with the facts most say "oh I didn't know", or "I'm just selling it as a novelty, not a real coin". Beware

another vote for JM. Instead of stupid toys for my great niece and nephews they get a birthday silver round and a Christmas one every year. (and Brian gives himself one too;))
my grandmother never gave us toys ...always a savings bond. Like an idiot i cashed mine in sometime in the 80's to buy a t-120 Bonneville.

Back
Top Bottom