• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where does everybody buy their gold/silver?

They have great premiums and shipping. Check out their YouTube videos.
Screenshot_20240101_120147~2.png

The money is in the turns. The company that owns and buys and sells makes the profit. They have the capital. Sell gold say 100k per week and make 5%. Do that every week. 52 weeks x 5 = 260%.
Buy at 5% below spot. Sell at 5% over and keep turning the money.
Thats more than 5% they make.
Spot 2000.00
Sell 2100.00
Buy at 1900.00
200.00 they clear on the gold.
If it goes down they made so much they adjust the price and make money off the margin and the turns. Thats were the big bucks are. Gold does not pay interest.
We buy and hope it goes up.
2004 buy 10,000 in gold. 550.00 an ounce. Its worth 2000.00 an ounce.
Put 10k into a safe 6% investment and see what its worth now? 32k. Gold is worth 36k. But when you sell thats less 5% or 1800.00. As an investor buying gold is fun but not anywhere the money the middle man(wealth person) makes. They make more than 200% on their money.
You buy and dream. The middleman knows the game and makes the profits.

Anyone have any experience buying from the local coin show that takes place each month over at the Marietta Hilton Hotel and Conference Center? It's been a few years since I last checked it out.

Yes,
That is a Geogia Numismatic Assocation (GNA) event (it was organized in 1964). I am a member.

I went a couple of months ago and found nothing in gold coin prices that I collect. Silver prices were all over the place. I offered to buy and offered to sell some stuff but went home without doing a trade.

GoldSGcoins.jpg

Can someone school me on coins vs 1oz bars? currently trying to figure out why someone would buy coins over a bar. And why so many different bar options?

When the SHTF and your trying to buy a loaf of bread and all you have is a 10 OZ bar of Silver, they will take it with no change in site.
Probably get that same loaf for a 1 OZ American Eagle or a Troy round.

Can someone school me on coins vs 1oz bars? currently trying to figure out why someone would buy coins over a bar. And why so many different bar options?

When I jumped onboard a couple of years ago I couldn't figure that part out either.

Silver is silver and gold is gold. When you try to convert it back to currency you generally only get paid for weight. Of course I guess some folks put higher value on a round/coin that is recognizable because there are fakes floating around out there.

My favorite is 10oz silver bars because they tend to have lower premiums and they are still in the sub-$300 range (for now at least). Would be easier to sell/trade than say a 1oz bar of gold worth $2,400...

Back
Top Bottom