• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where would you go if you were a "political refugee"???

Belize, Uruguay, NZ or Australia. Bud of mine went to Scotland. The older I get the less worried I am about having a gun... so long as I know where to get one... he he he...

Of course this thread is hypothetical since most all of the countries listed have limited visa issuances without a contract for work, etc. I believe Australia's is 6 months and very enforceable. We (US) are the only real lackeys when it comes to alien documentation.

The US is one of the the most reluctant to issue work visas despite the requirements being about average when compared to other countries. We simply feel we have enough qualified people here working already.

One could always go to another country and work illegally, right?

Last edited:
The US is one of the the most reluctant to issue work visas despite the requirements being about average when compared to other countries. We simply feel we have enough qualified people here working already.

One could always go to another country and work illegally, right?

In my experiences, it would be harder to work illegally than it is here. The places I have been hold a little more pride (if thats the right phrase) in nationalism. There of course are US lovers and Ex Pats usually are able to survive. We just realize that making a dollar in another country is MUCH harder than here, hence why they come here in floods.

If making money is the object then go where Cocke fighting is legal ( S.E Asia, Caribbean, Mexico and father South), plenty of money to be made fighting roosters, for real ! Just keep a weapon handy for defense.

In my experiences, it would be harder to work illegally than it is here. The places I have been hold a little more pride (if thats the right phrase) in nationalism. There of course are US lovers and Ex Pats usually are able to survive. We just realize that making a dollar in another country is MUCH harder than here, hence why they come here in floods.

Oh I gotcha, yeah I'd guess that working illegally here is a lot easier than other countries.

Back
Top Bottom