• AR .22 SBR

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
After following a couple of threads and looking at a few of the .22 SBRs on here I've begrudgingly decided I would pursue it. I wanted to build it myself to also satisfy my curiousity of building an AR, however I was fortunate enough to see and hold a GSG MP5 SBR and I think I'm in love. I don't know much about the reliability of the GSG or how long the barrel is, if bulk will go supersonic and I halfway don't care but alas I don't want to waste money either. Which is a better platform? AR seems to have more options but in the end its still just an AR. Are GSG pistols reliable? The GSG would be $500 + stamp. I don't know what you guys got into your .22 ARs.

I'd hold out or try to find a the H&K MP5 over the GSG. Not a huge difference in price, and from the reviews and comparison, it seems the H&K is higher quality.

I've held one. Haven't owned one yet... Still searching.

I do, however, have an AR Pistol in 22LR as well, and it's a hoot. It uses the same mags as my Sig 522, and I'm waiting on my SBR stamp for it.

I'm a fan of 10/22s, so I vote for a 10/22 SBR...

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s131_bdaleray_Firearms_10_22_SBR_01_zps88e67b7f.jpg

I think an AR SBR gives you the most VALUE... Since you can change swap to any upper, and have an SBR in a bunch of calibers....

But an MP5 / UZI / 10/22 or any other platform would be awesome as well. I sure wish I had enough moolahs to do them all.

I think an AR SBR gives you the most VALUE... Since you can change swap to any upper, and have an SBR in a bunch of calibers....

But an MP5 / UZI / 10/22 or any other platform would be awesome as well. I sure wish I had enough moolahs to do them all.

I agree. I don't see too many MP5 PDWs but the versatility of the AR is really good.

Back
Top Bottom