Votes: 12 10.5%
  • Polaris

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • Can am

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 7 6.1%

• Total voters
HONDA....but, the older ones are better. We have a '96 Fourtrax 300 that can not be killed. In 2007, we bought a Rancher that has fuel injection. It ran good for a couple of years, and then it started having fuel injection problems. We only run Non-ethanol fuel, with a stabilizer, and have no problem with any other vehicle on the farm. Try to find a nice older Honda with a carburetor. It will last forever.
Damn , so the new ones that’s cost $7000-10,000 are junk?

Honda if you want to just ride it and not work on it, the best value option
- Yamahopper is you backup
Polaris if you need the biggest and flashy and want it loaded out with wheels
Can-AM if you want to one-up the Jones's (the Polaris peeps) and you have some bank
Arctic Cat only for snowmobiles (that's just how i feel about them)

That is based on no defined needs. Are going to run it in the woods to hunt? You doing any work? Is it for play? You talking quad or SxS? These all impact the answer. Also, you are looking at $5k-$25k.

Honda if you want to just ride it and not work on it, the best value option
- Yamahopper is you backup
Polaris if you need the biggest and flashy and want it loaded out with wheels
Can-AM if you want to one-up the Jones's (the Polaris peeps) and you have some bank
Arctic Cat only for snowmobiles (that's just how i feel about them)

That is based on no defined needs. Are going to run it in the woods to hunt? You doing any work? Is it for play? You talking quad or SxS? These all impact the answer. Also, you are looking at $5k-$25k.
I want to plant food plots, want it to last, want to do some trailing And mudding in it

To be perfectly honest, for those points I would look at Polaris or Can Am. Quality isn't as high I don't think but Can Am and Polaris have taken mudding very serious and the things that will help in the mud i.e. aggressive tires and aggressive gearing, will really be beneficial in tilling up a food plot. If you intend to keep it to trails and general work purposes then the Honda Rubicon or Rincon would be great choices. Most Yamaha's I've seen with big aggressive tires are falling apart from the axles and ball joints up.

The 07' Hondas were the first year for fuel injection if I remember correctly, so just like with anything there were some first year bugs that got ironed out.

The Honda carbureted models are just built better than the newer models better frames , better and bigger racks ( big racks are a plus ) the new stuff got expensive and cheap. You might have to clean a carb from time to time but most shade trees can do that with a 15.00 parts kit and a 12 pack .

To be perfectly honest, for those points I would look at Polaris or Can Am. Quality isn't as high I don't think but Can Am and Polaris have taken mudding very serious and the things that will help in the mud i.e. aggressive tires and aggressive gearing, will really be beneficial in tilling up a food plot. If you intend to keep it to trails and general work purposes then the Honda Rubicon or Rincon would be great choices. Most Yamaha's I've seen with big aggressive tires are falling apart from the axles and ball joints up.
This is good to know

Back
Top Bottom