• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which ESEE?

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been looking at ESEE knives for quite a while now for camping and backpacking. I pretty much have it narrowed down to either the 3 or 4 but was curious if those of you who have owned both lean one way or the other? I have used a Gerber gator for about the last 20 years and it has suited my needs but I am looking to upgrade. Are there any other models you I should look at?

Thanks for your input!
Caleb

I went with the ESSEE 5 as I liked the thicker blade, here is a size comparison with it to a Survive 4.1 and a couple other smaller:
i60.tinypic.com_4vs6zc.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the clip point blade... I went with the ESEE LS (laser strike) and I'm really happy with it. Of course, after that I ordered an Izula II. Then ended up with a DPx Heft. Then came the Junglas- and that last one is a big SOB. I think I'm forgetting one in there somewhere.

Anyway, the ESEE LS is my favorite definitely.

And if you're looking for something inexpensive and extremely well made, check out Mora knives. I ordered one on a whim (well, to get me up to the free shipping price, I was like $7 away) and I'm really happy with it. Great utility knife- should work good in the woods too. For that matter, I wouldn't mind having a couple for the kitchen.

Because I was unaware there was a knife chat...

Any places locally with good prices and selection or should I just hit up amazon/blade hq?

I got mine from knifeworks, free shipping over 99 and they're about $20 cheaper then everyone else.
(If I recall it was 2 day shipping as well so I was very happy)

Back
Top Bottom