• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

which new ar should i get?

Surprised about the P series Ruger having problems. Those guns are known to be tanks but I guess theres always the potential for a gun to have a problem. That said I've never heard of any one specific brand or model AR having problems or recalls, anything of that nature whereas lots of guns have been know to have problems like Kimber and external extractors, XDs recall, and the like.

yes i was also very amazed as it was the 3rd p-series pistol that i owned and the only one i ever bought brand new. but the slide messed up after only 400 or so rounds down range. the other ones i owned had 1000's through them w/absolutely no hiccup

what's the difference in me buying a California kit versus a regular kit? and does MOE really make a big difference?

Dont buy California.
The MOE will have an enhanced trigger guard (more room for if you wear gloves). If you are looking at the entire MOE lower build kit, there will be a (IMO) better grip and stock as well. Although the MOE is at the low end of the Magpul line, I personally like it better than the thinner standard grips and stocks. Of course, you can always easily upgrade the stock and grip later.

Neutral. The mag release can be converted over to standard easily. Several dealers I know bought a bunch if Cali models and changed them out for cheaper than a standard.

just got a pm from strong tactics explaining the bullet button release. all the lower parts kit from psa are ca compliant for some reason. at least the ones in my price range

just got a pm from strong tactics explaining the bullet button release. all the lower parts kit from psa are ca compliant for some reason. at least the ones in my price range

I believe they have California models and regular models of their lower parts kits and lower build kits. Although I could be wrong, but I remember the California ones being designated as such.

Back
Top Bottom