Which upper ? PSA, BCA, or Ceratac

CBR600

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
96   0
Reaction score
PSA, BCA, or Ceratac. All are budget uppers, but I hear great things on each for the value. I watched a lot of youtube reviews on them, just wanted to hear ODT members experience.

PSA all the way. Show me another budget AR15 that has passed a 5k round torture test that many AKs and Daniel Defense rifles have failed.

Also this was their cheapest line, the Freedom series.

PSA all the way. Show me another budget AR15 that has passed a 5k round torture test that many AKs and Daniel Defense rifles have failed.

Also this was their cheapest line, the Freedom series.
They are located in South Carolina and of course we are in GA. Why do I hear so many different shipping times from one state over ? I mine as well drive there and maybe try out their gun range too lol. Thanks for the info

Will a PSA pass a torture test? Obviously.

Will all PSA’s pass that same test? Nope.

PSA is hit and miss. Their business model uses the buyer as the majority of their QC, and their CS is horrible. So, if you get a good one, you’re in great shape. If you get a crap one, good luck getting the issue taken care of.

The reason that you hear so many different shipping times is due to their horrible CS.

Buy once, cry once.

They are located in South Carolina and of course we are in GA. Why do I hear so many different shipping times from one state over ? I mine as well drive there and maybe try out their gun range too lol. Thanks for the info
Because they sell a ton of stuff, and I'm guessing that they build uppers, lowers, etc as orders come in. I went to the store once and was a bit underwhelmed, prices were higher and selection was lower. Can't speak to their range experience though.

Will a PSA pass a torture test? Obviously.

Will all PSA’s pass that same test? Nope.

PSA is hit and miss. Their business model uses the buyer as the majority of their QC, and their CS is horrible. So, if you get a good one, you’re in great shape. If you get a crap one, good luck getting the issue taken care of.

The reason that you hear so many different shipping times is due to their horrible CS.

Buy once, cry once.
I've never had any issues with getting support from PSA, now it's not Amazon quality CS but it's better than average. I've had them give me a full refund, including shipping both ways, on one of their gen 2 PSA47s simply because I read concerning reports about bolt wear had come up on AK files. They assured me that it was fine and any issues would be covered by the lifetime warranty, but also said they would refund me in full if that's what I wanted. I sent the rifle back on their dime and had my refund a week later.

How do you guarantee all rifles from a certain manufacturer will be good? You can't, but objective testing shows that PSA rifles hold up and rifles from other highly regarded companies fail under pressure.

Because they sell a ton of stuff, and I'm guessing that they build uppers, lowers, etc as orders come in. I went to the store once and was a bit underwhelmed, prices were higher and selection was lower. Can't speak to their range experience though.
Def understand the as I buy/sell on Ebay, just disappointing to not know when your purchase will be shipped. So the online is better, no road trip then. GA has enough gun related ish anyway.

Back
Top Bottom