Which upper ? PSA, BCA, or Ceratac

Please enlighten us on this and include any photos you may have of catastrophic failures of PSA uppers.
Sounds like you just enjoy hearing loud sounds. Doesn't have to suffer catastrophic failure to be a POS. Barrel isn't centered into the receiver, weak point that allow flex, feed ramps that do not align with the barrel extension, out of spec cuts on the receiver from everything from the charging handle to the barrel attachment.

Actually, I spent thirty years in USPS vehicles and can’t hear very well at all, but I can read and recognize a condescending attitude.

Do you have photos of the flaws you mention in PSA products?

Actually, I spent thirty years in USPS vehicles and can’t hear very well at all, but I can read and recognize a condescending attitude.

Do you have photos of the flaws you mention in PSA products?
Of my own personal rifles? No. Their bad is all over the interwebs and various discussion boards. I don't need to lick a turd to know it's ****.

I realize few things are perfect. I was at Williams Precision in Stone Mountain once and watched their gunsmith disassemble and true a table full of Remington 40X barreled actions. The variances were amazing.

I thought you might have photos of the issues you stated were common with PSA uppers.

Please enlighten us on this and include any photos you may have of catastrophic failures of PSA uppers.

I’ll second ReservoirDawg10 ReservoirDawg10 on the issues he listed: barrel isn't centered into the receiver, weak point that allow flex, feed ramps that do not align with the barrel extension, out of spec cuts on the receiver from everything from the charging handle to the barrel attachment.

I will add lack of feed ramp cuts, feed ramp cuts that were done after anodizing (Dremel?), and face of the barrel extension not square. I remember another PSA build where the ejection port cover wouldn’t close, which could be either the receiver being out of spec, or the cover itself.

Most of these issues I witnessed myself, either during a class, while helping out with a build, or at one of the Armorer’s courses I’ve attended. A couple of the issues were shown or described to me by folks I know personally/professionally and trust.

I rarely take pics of stuff like that. It doesn’t interest me enough, and it honestly never occurred to me. If I take a picture of a malfunction or a problem part, I guess it would have to be something so out of whack that I found it interesting.

The other time I would take pics is if the rifle or bad part in question belonged to me, and I wanted to show the manufacturer what was going on before I sent it. I’ve never had to do that with any AR I’ve owned.

I don’t make money off any AR manufacturer, so I don’t have a personal stake in this. I don’t like seeing folks buy sub-par firearms when better alternatives are available, so I guess I say what I do about PSA because I care. I’ve done business with PSA here and there over the years, mostly when they had a great deal on ammo or accessories, and I’ll probably deal with them again.

I’ve had a lot of ODTers over to my home shop over the years to help them with a build, or an upgrade/parts swap, or to diagnose an issue with their gun. I’m as willing to look at PSA guns as I am any other brand. I never stop learning and the more guns I dig into the more I learn.

PSA is a successful business and they’ll continue to be successful, regardless of my opinion one way or the other.

CBR600 CBR600 what price are you finding on the PSA uppers? I went to their website but it showed out of stock. I might be able to find you a better option within your budget.

Back
Top Bottom