• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which vette to buy?

Which car?

• Total voters
Bought middle son a 87 vette, when he graduated High School, but made it up with youngest son when I gave him my Harley a year later, never seen 2 boys happy as heck! Youngest by 1 minute, twins. Oldest he got a Yamaha ha,at 16. when teaching him how to ride, he laid my Harley down, run to check it out, I'm lifting bike, he says I'm Ok, dad, I say I see that, don't want oil on top the the heads. Father and sons bond!

This edit is from 1/10/2017. It looks like my wait is much longer. I have to buy my daughter a car for the next school year. My wife refuses to let her drive my old unreliable truck. To her I say. "Yes mam" lol

I really want a corvette. Really bad. At least I think I do. I have yet to drive a c6 corvette because dealers are retarded and refuse to let anyone test drive one.
I could buy a 2004 Z06 in a year and deal with headaches associated with a 2004.
I could wait, 1 to 1.5 years and buy a 2008 Z06.
I could wait 2.5 years and buy a 2010 ZR1.
I prefer one with traction control so I don't need tires every other day. I am sick of waiting. I could buy a ZR1 now if it weren't for supporting Airforce one trips to Hawaii.

My dad picked up a brand new 2016 Stingray, not sure which trim level, for $55k in red. I don't know the trim level, but it has the mytouch NAV screen, leather and power everything, remote state, removable t tops, etc...

IMG_0865.jpg

For lack of reading 14 pages, what are your plans with it? The 04 would be great for a weekend warrior track car and has TONS of aftermarket that would let you get a lot of power and not break the bank.
The 08 solved a lot of problems the C5 had but the interior left a lot to be desired while still using a lot of C5 tech.
The ZR1 would be great collectors piece and well its a freaking ZR1.
The C7 has by far the best handling and interior.

If it was my money... I would save up and get either a C7 stingray or save more and get the C7 Z06.

Back
Top Bottom