• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whirlpool refrigerator repair

I think we have roughly the same fridge. Model number is on the sticker on the right side as you open the door. Filter cover is in the ceiling. There is a tab. You either pull or push lightly to pop the tab cover off. Your expensive ass water filter will then be exposed. I bought one about 2 months ago and changed it after the fridge started beeping for it.

You had to remove a cover to get to the ice right? Did you check the chute to make sure that it is not clogged? Was there a on/off button on the side of the ice machine?

YouTube "Whirlpool refrigerator filter replacement". And find that model number.

IMG_2830.JPG IMG_2829.JPG Ok is it possible that there is no filter? Tried YouTube but had no results. I don't see a on or off switch besides the lever on the ice maker.

I had one very similar to this. There is a plastic tube that runs from the back of the refrigerator to the ice maker. Check to see if it is frozen closed.
I use to have to take a hair dryer to thaw ir our so the water would fill the ice maker. Mine di not have a filter either.

Repairman $215.00+ parts, Ice trays 2 for $.88.x10, 20 trays for less than $10.00.
Exactly why I don't have an ice maker, it aint hard to twist the ice trays. And I know how to repair them. You need a filter for taste. Some that dispense water have them in the fridge or if not, they are inline. I think yours has a plastic tray that rotates the cubes out. Take that cover off the front and you will see 3 gears that rotate and a little plastic spring loaded plunger that goes thru holes in the gears when they line up correctly. I bet the plastic plunger is broke. The repair kit comes with the plunger and the gears......cheap.........

Exactly why I don't have an ice maker, it aint hard to twist the ice trays. And I know how to repair them. You need a filter for taste. Some that dispense water have them in the fridge or if not, they are inline. I think yours has a plastic tray that rotates the cubes out. Take that cover off the front and you will see 3 gears that rotate and a little plastic spring loaded plunger that goes thru holes in the gears when they line up correctly. I bet the plastic plunger is broke. The repair kit comes with the plunger and the gears......cheap.........
I doubt this is the problem. If he is not getting water to the tray then the line is blocked or the valve has stopper working. I had replaced the valve and complete ice makers on a couple of refrigerators. They are pretty simple. You can order the parts off the internet. Just takes a screwdriver to replace them. I thing the valve was $20.00 and the Ice maker was about $50.00.

Lol like I said earlier I can not find a filter on this thing. It's a bottom freezer refrigerator. I use to hear the water running to it but now I don't. And I scoop the ice from the bin.

The model number and s/n should be on the sticker inside the refrigerator area or on the door. Call Whirlpool. They will talk you through a filter replacement and probably have a manual that they can email to you. I've had to call them in the past. They're pretty helpful.

Back
Top Bottom