• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whisky Whiskey Whiskies--Which bottles do I keep? Help me out.

I would definitely keep the Oban and Lagavulin, two of my favorites. I like single malt scotch, so I would keep some of those, if not all. I believe any of the standard brands like Johnnie Walker and Chivas Regal can be found. Those I would let go. But frankly, I don't know enough about most of them to make suggestions as to what to keep and what to sell....er I mean donate for a packaging fee. lol
Good luck on your decisions. Keep us informed. If the Oban and Lagavulin were to be ...uh....donated, I would pay the packaging fee.
I like scotch. Single malts are like wine. They can really vary in taste. Some I like, and some I don't. So, I would be drinking the Chivas Regal 18 for sure. It may not be hard to find but, you share it with some friends, no body is gonna complain.

I would do a google search on some of those bottles, many aren't made anymore and there are people out there that will pay handsomely for them. There are a few that are still in production and won't bring much of a price but the harder to find bottles or certain years for the older bourbons can go for $300 - $1k.

That Old Forester Birthday Bourbon collection should not be opened....it's lasted this long I'd leave it alone and it'll fetch a higher price!

Look for some online whisky auction sites, you'll get your best prices there. Or even a local bourbon forum to sell. Bottle-Spot.com would be a good place to browse prices.
Good idea. Recoop your investment by selling the rare ones.

Back
Top Bottom