White bass.

Up here in Chattanooga on the Tennessee River it's good fishing right now for White Bass! Caught about 15 or 20 in about two hours a few weeks ago.

Where on the Coosa? Can you fish from the bank or out of a kayak?

You could definitely fish around the lock and dam area with a kayak. We caught them around the state line last week. Went today and it was pretty slow. Still no big females mostly smaller males. The cold front will definitely shut them down for a few days.

Yeah, once the water warms back you should be able to get some around Mayo's Bar Lock and Dam around Rome. The lock fishing area can get busy so you probably would have better luck in the kayak. There's a ramp there you could use.

Same here. I have a fish camp on the Coosa river below the lock and dam. Went last weekend to try and catch some crappie. Caught more white bass than I could count. Was using minnows and white roadrunners.

We are going to Little River later today. Anybody been there this year? Are they running yet?

Let me answer my own question. NO! Me and the boy fished for about 3 hours and threw everything we had without a bite. The river was low and stained and the weather not so good.

Back
Top Bottom