• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whitehouse Classifies Fort Hood Masacre as Workplace Violence?

Should Military Members be allowed to carry firearms in the vehicles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They absolutely should be allowed to carry on base! If normal citizens can carry, then why wouldn't the men and women of our armed services be allowed to petition to carry while they are on duty? No Brainer.

When was the last time you told someone on welfare how to spend their money? Or told the government who they could bail out. We fund alot of things we have no control over. Why should the military be any different. Yeah we need Suzie homemaker telling the military how to conduct operations.
with a government that is supposed to be by the people and for the people eh......... so dont let "the people" have any say so.

and for the record, it would be damn nice if we could tell lucretia or latoya or shaquantis how to spend that welfare money. maybe a little of it would actually get spent on what its meant to be spent on instead of blunt wraps, video games, grey goose, and 26's.

with a government that is supposed to be by the people and for the people eh......... so dont let "the people" have any say so.

and for the record, it would be damn nice if we could tell lucretia or latoya or shaquantis how to spend that welfare money. maybe a little of it would actually get spent on what its meant to be spent on instead of blunt wraps, video games, grey goose, and 26's.

Agreed, with the welfare stuff. The military has always held themselves to a higher set of standards than most who are just outside their wire. They should be allowed to carry on post. But, in the end it will be their command that decides what they can and cannot do. I would expect to see the same set of higher standards enforced now as they were when I served.

It would be akin to being pulled over by a LEO and saying "I pay your salary. You will not write me a ticket for speeding!" Just not going to happen.

It would be akin to being pulled over by a LEO and saying "I pay your salary. You will not write me a ticket for speeding!" Just not going to happen.
we seem to be on 2 different wavelengths here.

i get the feeling you think im trying to say that anyone should be able to walk on a military base and start bossing people around, thats not what im saying at all. but at the same time, i dont think the military should just do what they want and say to hell with what the entire country thinks (like the whitehouse is doing right now)

we seem to be on 2 different wavelengths here.

i get the feeling you think im trying to say that anyone should be able to walk on a military base and start bossing people around, thats not what im saying at all. but at the same time, i dont think the military should just do what they want and say to hell with what the entire country thinks (like the whitehouse is doing right now)

A military base is like their own island in the middle of wherever. With their own set of rules and their owns laws UCMJ. You will find that a military base set in the worst part of the world with the worst people imaginable surrounding it will be a much nicer place to be than what is outside the wire.
If that makes sense. "Higher standards."

Back
Top Bottom