• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who else saw my favorite knock out ever last Saturday night?

mattp38

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
20   0
Reaction score
Yair Rodriguez had the most amazing and crafty KO I've ever seen in mma. Not only was his KO of the Korean Zombie unbelievable, it took place with 1 second left in the final round! Oh, and it was free on fs1! Wait for the slow motion in the video, unbelievable timing and awareness!

Rodriguez was getting beaten soundly in 4 of the 5 rounds till he landed that lucky elbow behind his back while facing down.
I honestly don't think it was luck. I'm not saying he's a better fighter, but professional fighters train for these crazy situational shots. I think the blind elbow had more to do with anticipation and understanding his opponents body positioning. Then again, I could be wrong, it could be totally luck. But he definitely was losing the fight. That's also why I respect the Korean Zombie. He could've let the clock run out and walked away with the win, but he went for the finish.

Just watched Ricardo Llmas and Max Holloway fight. Llmas also tried a couple of times to throw an elbow behind his back. Didn't look strong enough to knock anybody out.

Back
Top Bottom