• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who here keeps their title 1 guns in a trust?

I do NFA trusts or general "gun trusts" for clients.

As to your specific question, I don't see the advantage of putting a regular title I unrestricted firearm into a trust now, for any reason having to do with gun control or preserving Second Amendment rights .
But depending on what legislation comes up on the horizon, you may want to do that at the last minute if that allows you to take advantage of a "grandfather clause" -- an exception for people who are allowed to keep your guns, but they'd have to be forfeited or sold to an approved dealer upon transfer of ownership.

Also, a gun trust may be a good way to deal with a substantial gun collection or one that has significant sentimental value for the sake of your family's history
that you don't want to leave to your kids on your passing, because they would just pawn them or sell them off without respecting them. A trust could have those guns held by a responsible trustee who will care for them and pass them along to your grandkids or great grandkids who hopefully will cherish them more!

The trust greatly affects what you can do with the silencer, in a good way.

For example, no trust and you can not let anyone else use it without you being there. In a trust, other trustees can use it as it were their.own.
Heavy D does good work, and has quick response time.

Back
Top Bottom