Who likes all weather portable power? not a generator

hawk-eye

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
48   0
Reaction score
Ok Trader family,

Here is what I do in my spare time.
Great for camping, and other outdoor stuff.

It is a weather resistant, multi-voltage battery operated electrical storage unit.
12vDC or 120vAC in/out with a 12vDC binding post, cigarette lighter outlet and two USB ports.
Did I mention that it floats and is rated at IP65 for those who care about that sort of thing.
Pictures are of the prototype. I have refined the design and such, but have not built another road worthy unit yet. Took it camping, and it has made several trips to the beach. Would love to make these things for a living, but have not found enough interest. So I guess this would be considered a hobbie/money pit.

DSC03850.jpgDSC03851.jpgDSC03852.jpgDSC03853.jpgDSC03854.jpg
DSC03845.jpgDSC03846.jpgDSC03847.jpgDSC03848.jpgDSC03849.jpg

Any feedback would go a long way.

I'd be interested in what sort of batteries you're using. What are your amp hours and charge time? weight?

I like the concept and packaging.

your not running ac out of it are you? how many watts and amp out put and what is lasting time on one charge

Yes I am running AC out. I have a 150watt inverter under the faceplate.
The unit is about 150watts in this configuration, but can be designed to meet specific needs.

I can run a laptop for over an hour with no battery in the laptop.
13watt compact flouresent bulb over 10 hrs.

Not designed to handle the surge current needs for electric motors, but could be if needed.

I'd be interested in what sort of batteries you're using. What are your amp hours and charge time? weight?

I like the concept and packaging.

Thanks much. Currently, using Lithium Ion. 12amp/hrs, charge time on AC is around 3-4 hrs, and on DC 2-3 hrs with standard automotive charging, on solar depends on the panels.

I am building a new one soon with LIFe (Lithium Iron Phosphate) better2000+ cycles and more stable at high ambient temps and will not pose any environmental risks like AGM or Lipo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom