• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who makes a good fast knife sharpner?

Haha! I want just because it looks cool! If it works that will just be a bonus! Lol

that warthog thingy looks awesome...

Dang,when that first popped up I had a flashback(and goosebumps) to this contraption a gal I once dated had in her basement,or chamber,or whatever she called it.

It's works awesome.

LMAO!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

I've been using one of these Sharpen-its for a while and they work well. They are also compact, easily portable, and will do serrated blades. Won't get edges "shaving sharp", but you don't want that for everyday use anyway. Use the Lansky system for that.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=tools&field-keywords=sharpenit

The Lansky system is the best for the money in my opinion, but it frustrates some people whose knives have a lot of taper from tang to point. You will have to use some tape on the spine of the blade to get the clamp to hold the blade firmly.

The Warthogs are awesome! I just can't justify the cost. If I were sharpening a bunch of knives regularly I would have one for sure.

Bought a Chef's Choice Model 130 mainly because the wife has some high-end kitchen knives. I could never use a whetstone either, but with this thing, I feel like I could go into business sharpening knives...

If you are wanting a "pocket" knife sharpener or hunting knife sharpener, these are inexpensive and work great, I've been sharpening my pocket knives and Kbars to shaving edges with them for years.
When you wear them out throw away or if you want you can buy new stones for them from budk.com
You used to be able to get these at Wally World as well, don't know if they still carry.
These are simple, light weight ..great for the truck dash or the backpack.

http://budk.com/Outdoor-Sports/Accusharp-Sharpener?

keep one in the truck an in the kitchen drawer as well ...... works great !

Back
Top Bottom