Who Owns & Carries a Slim Single-Stack 9mm?

I used to never consider Ruger pistols, I thought they were inferior to other names. That little Ruger Lc-9s has changed my mind...that is a great value for a cheap little gun. The trigger is awesome, and I’m glock guy. It’s reliable, it’s super slim. Stick it in a remora holster and no one will know you have it. I usually carry it when my clothes are not loose enough to discreetly carry the G19.

I highly recommend a small single stack pistol for summer carry.

Kahr CM9 or PM9 if you like a long smooth revelover like trigger
Ruger LC-9s if you want a manual safety or the pro without safety
Glock 43 if you love the Glock trigger and want to stay consistent with your duty or other larger carry gun.

I switched to an LC9 because it was slim, light, affordable, and corrosion resistant. That eventually turned into an M&P 9mm, which I don’t like as much but it’s a fine gun nonetheless.

Had 3 of the 4 you mentioned.

Love love love my Shield 9 with Trijicons and Apex trigger. And I shoot it well. The trigger upgrade is completely worth it.

Alternated between the XDS and Shield for about a month the before I settled on the Shield. The XDS grip is rough, though I shot it equally well.

Hated the Walther, though I had the PPS 2. I may have had the only crappy trigger ever on a Walther, and it had a snappy recoil. Never carried it.

Xds9 with a Talon grip in a KT Mech kydex holster. Rides high and tight.
20180629_235747.jpg

20180630_000121.jpg

Long before Glock ever thought of the G43, Smith & Wesson had the Sigma SW9M. I had one as a summer carry gun and really liked it......smaller than the G43. No controls anywhere, just the trigger. Had a Guttersnipe-type sight setup. Shot well with 124grn Gold Dots.

10533E2F-B52B-4C26-A9A5-4E5D2DE44D0D.png

I've owned virtually all of those. Glock 42. Glock 43. Walther PPS. Shield. XDs. Sold them all.

You give up far to much shootability for that small size.

Rapid firing is more challenging. Mag changes suck. Snappier than their marginally larger brothers. Strong/weak hand only shooting is less than ideal with such small weapons.

Now carry a Glock 19 chopped to 26 grip length (so it can take a full size WML) for summer carry.

If a WML isn't vital for you.. just go Glock 26 or M&Pc. Your shooting performance will thank you.

Back
Top Bottom