• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who runs wet Suppressors?

I’ve used the clear wire pulling jelly before. It’s quieter for maybe 10-20 rounds but you end up shooting most of it out pretty quick and it’s messy af. Totally not worth it.

Seems like it would be good with a wipe for like the first round or 3, if you’re trying to be as quiet as possible. Otherwise seems like a lot of work for not much return.

From what I read using water is mostly good at getting rid of first round pop. After that you are pretty much back to a dry can.

I've tried the wire pulling gel and that seems to last a little longer, but it is very messy. I wouldn't use it at an indoor range unless you want the staff to hate you.

I've only used water, a few drops in a .22 rimfire can.
Maybe a teaspoon full in a centerfire pistol suppressor.

It seemed to help with quieting-down the first round from a cold can,

but it was messy,

and I didn't want to continue using it for fear that I would force water vapor and water droplets into the internal workings of my gun which I would not normally fully clean after every range session.

So, I stopped using it. I might use it again if I had to take one really quiet shot and accuracy didn't matter much.

PS- I never tested whether shooting a can wet changes the bullet's point of impact ,
compared to shooting the first round from a cold can that is perfectly dry.

Back
Top Bottom