• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WHO YOU SAY IS THE GUITAR PLAYER

KYNtHPRX4Qk2LWBv58yQsM.jpg

The best is subjective and pretty hard to quantify.

Some are virtuosos of many styles. Some are masters of one. But the best of all? That's saying a lot. There's plenty of things that Clapton and SRV and lots of others on this list can't do (progressive death metal... hell idk maybe they could have, but they didnt...) but there's plenty they could.

If I really had to sum it all up in someone actually alive - Tosin Abasi is my pick.

He's extremely technical, talented in multiple genres, and he's only 40. At some point very soon he's going to get tired of playing djent and move on to something really impressive.

Technically there are thousands who can typewrite an astounding amount of notes.... on a cosmic/spiritual level, Band of gypsies fillmore east 69/70. The mothership called Hendrix home that night. Just an opinion.
Go sit in Memphis or Nashville one night, the local talent is better than anything on the radio

You’ve ever heard.. I’ll say
ROY CLARK
JERRY REED
&
SLASH from numerous bands but YOUL ALL KNOW G&R
You mean live/in person? Prince. Saw him multiple times, always amazed.
But if you mean live 'or' recorded, then Prince.

Technically there are thousands who can typewrite an astounding amount of notes.... on a cosmic/spiritual level, Band of gypsies fillmore east 69/70. The mothership called Hendrix home that night. Just an opinion.
Go sit in Memphis or Nashville one night, the local talent is better than anything on the radio

One of my favorite albums.

Back
Top Bottom