• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who's wife is this?

I thought I saw her just the other day flop on her back in a video a member posted from his Texas trip?... friggin Jameson....

Woman arrested at Lake Lanier on July 4 kicked deputy in the face, officials say

Hall County Ga

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/ha...ed-deputy-in-the-face-officials-say/784098898

View attachment 1689381

Man I hope you know who doesn't see this.
tenor (21).gif

Article says she was arrested for public drunkenness. People get arrested all the time for public intoxication. Hell, sometimes people get arrested and the only charge is resisting arrest, figure that out.

I'm sure she was no angel, but I still think there's some pretty sad irony in getting arrested for public drunkenness on the 4th of July.
O.G.C.A. 16-11-41, Public Drunkenness doesn't allow for arrest for simply being drunk. You have to appear to be in an intoxicated condition which is made manifest by boisterousness, by indecent condition or act, or by vulgar, profane, loud, or unbecoming language.

So, in Georgia at least, you have to be drunk and an ass at the same time.....not just drunk.

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-11/article-2/16-11-41/

O.C.G.A. 16-11-41, Public drunkenness

(a) A person who shall be and appear in an intoxicated condition in any public place or within the curtilage of any private residence not his own other than by invitation of the owner or lawful occupant, which condition is made manifest by boisterousness, by indecent condition or act, or by vulgar, profane, loud, or unbecoming language, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

(b) This Code section shall not be construed to affect the powers delegated to counties or to municipal corporations to pass laws to punish drunkenness or disorderly conduct within their respective limits.

I suppose she could have been charged under some local/county ordinance for public drunk, but from the sound of the linked article, she probably cleared the asshole bar by at least a couple of feet and caught the state charge with ease.

O.G.C.A. 16-11-41, Public Drunkenness doesn't allow for arrest for simply being drunk. You have to appear to be in an intoxicated condition which is made manifest by boisterousness, by indecent condition or act, or by vulgar, profane, loud, or unbecoming language.

So, in Georgia at least, you have to be drunk and an ass at the same time.....not just drunk.

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-11/article-2/16-11-41/

O.C.G.A. 16-11-41, Public drunkenness

(a) A person who shall be and appear in an intoxicated condition in any public place or within the curtilage of any private residence not his own other than by invitation of the owner or lawful occupant, which condition is made manifest by boisterousness, by indecent condition or act, or by vulgar, profane, loud, or unbecoming language, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

(b) This Code section shall not be construed to affect the powers delegated to counties or to municipal corporations to pass laws to punish drunkenness or disorderly conduct within their respective limits.

I suppose she could have been charged under some local/county ordinance for public drunk, but from the sound of the linked article, she probably cleared the asshole bar by at least a couple of feet and caught the state charge with ease.
Thanks for the clarification, im actually aware of the law though and still say it's ridiculous. Technically, by the letter of the law you could go to practically any bar or club in Ga right now and arrest half the people inside. boisterousness or indecent condition is pretty vague and could be interpreted to say every drunk girl shaking her ass on the dance floor is in violation of the law. So I still see the irony in getting charged with public drunk on a holiday celebrating freedom.

And I'm not defending the girl, I have no clue what all went down I wasn't there.
But I do believe in the philosophy of no victim no crime. If her behavior was damaging to other individuals, which I'd guess it was, sure lock her ass up and get charges right. Disturbing the peace would do it, why do we need so many damn overlapping laws?

Back
Top Bottom