• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Whose been scoped?

My very first scoped rifle shot. 14 years old. Prone. 300 Savage. Cut me like a knife. My older shooting buddy should have warned me.

Left knee and right shoulder. Torn meniscus. Oh! Wrong scope. Had a friend's son out to shoot a ML deer he was 14. He was shooting my TC 50 cal from the prone position. I was walking the creek pushing deer his way when I heard the gun go off. Closer i got I could hear the kid crying and his dad saying "you hit him, great shot" followed by "my head, dad my head. It's spilt down the middle". Put about a 1 inch gash between his eyes. Once he saw his deer he immediately went through puberty and became a deer killer! He was making eye shade under his eyes with his own blood and told me "chicks dig scars"!

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

I've smacked myself a couple of times shooting at weird angles from a deer stand. Never got cut, but a pretty good lump once. Clean kill on the deer, though.
That's what got my buddy. Twisted around in the stand and lost good shoulder contact. Jumped up send bit him. Do think he bagged the deer though.

Ye Ole Half Moon Club! Saw my father just not thinking laid my 700 BDL his at the time, across the top of the car. When he pulled the trigger that 30-06 bounced of the top of the car like a trampoline and then backwards and cut him like a razor across the forehead. I couldn't laugh because my father was such a kind and gentle man. I felt so bad for him. I think it took an hour for him to get it to stop bleeding. He probably needed stitches but just took care of it himself. It left a perfect half moon slice on his forehead. Cut was deep guys and looked awful. Needless to say it was the end of that range trip.

My Pops and I were shooting and his best friend showed up and wanted to show us how a pro shoot my Pops Weatherby 300 win mag.
He sat on them bench and my Pops said you might want to pull your eye off the scope and he said shut up and watch the master. Bam!!! Cut the **** out of him over his eye requiring stitches. Pops said master my ass and we laughed our asses off with him bleeding like a stuck pig.

Back
Top Bottom