• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why are they named "Blue Ridge Mountains"?

Interesting, see if this link works:

lynxjet.net_images_BlueRidgeParkway_IMG_8675.JPEG

That photo with the clouds in the background is amazing. Nicely done.

It's nice , but man, it's slow going.
Only because of tourist and Flatlanders..The nice thing about my Mountain is, their are Courtesy pull overs to let faster cars by..Wish more would use them..Problem with Flatlanders is they don't down shift to 2nd to slow down,, The ride there brakes and smoke them. I have had tractor trailers pull over at my driveway with the clutches or brakes glowing..The dispatchers are learning not to use 76-52-Chatsworth hwy to get over the mountain..I hear Jack Brakes chugging as they come down..They are finally routing them over on 282 or 382 which is not as extreme.

That’s interesting, i always thought it was because in most areas when you look out over the mountains the ridges go on until they fade into the clear blue sky :tongue1::rolleyes:

(I tried)

Wifey and I rode our motorcycles the distance to include Shenandoah Valley. No traffic and we still took it easy (including when I hit the wild turkey. The feathered kind. :rolleyes:) to enjoy the scenery. Not a ride I'd want to rush through anyway.
Absolutely beautiful country.
Great pic.

One of my favorite places I've ever traveled. I think I could just drive up and down the parkway for infinity.
I didn't think there were any better scenic highways than the BRP until I started taking long rides in Colorado. The Aspen groves here are starting to change at lower elevations already. In the next 10 days, the Aspen groves above 7000 feet will be exploding with color. I'll be posting them soon.

I didn't think there were any better scenic highways than the BRP until I started taking long rides in Colorado. The Aspen groves here are starting to change at lower elevations already. In the next 10 days, the Aspen groves above 7000 feet will be exploding with color. I'll be posting them soon.
Years ago we drove cross country to see my sister and family . All the way to the West end of Montana ;) .. It was beyond awesome !

They currently live in Canon City Colorado but Montana is calling them back and they're there this weekend looking at property to retire ;)

My brother in law served 22+ in the army and will retire from fighting wildfires this coming year . He has earned it !

Back
Top Bottom