• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why are you still using that mouse gun caliber?

Here we go again.

The purpose of a self defense firearm is not to kill the threat. It's to stop the threat. A .22 can kill, but it SUCKS at stopping. The bad guy has a tendency to die shortly after they kill you. Mission NOT accomplished.

I've always thought it was both, once the perp is dead...........no longer a threat

Would you believe I was in Chicago once and this brontosaurus came along and......no guess you wouldn't so I won't finish it.

I used to shoot 44 mag , but have settled for 357 and 38 special. Never shot a 500, have you?

I have had the pleasure of shooting one of my buddies 500 S&W 8" with the comensator thing on the end. I must say it didn't kick up like I thought it would it came more straight backward. It was blowing chucks out of the pine log I was shooting though! Not bad though. I've shot 44's that were a lot worse than this.

Last edited:
I was in Chicago last year on business. I drove so I took all my guns. The second night I left my hotel and walked just across the street to a waffle house. I just got my eggs when these three guys came in with guns drawn. They walked right up to the counter and shot the cook in the back. He was really big and fat so the first shot didn't kill him. He just turned around and looked dumbfounded. They all shot him several times in the chest and he fell over. The waitress yelled something and one of the thugs shot her in the neck. I felt like I was next. I never thought I would really be in this position. I slipped my Kimber up and shot the nearest guy in the back. The 45 did the job. He never knew what hit him. I emptied the rest at
the other two and got one more. The last guy was wild by now and came straight at me. I was out of bullets. Now what.
My Beretta bobcat saved my life that night. I shot him 7 times in the face. The police of course arrested me .....for making up such a stupid story......HAS ANYONE EVER ACTUALLY HAD TO USE HIS GUN....REGARDLESS OF CALIBER.

I apologize for this......
Yep.

Back
Top Bottom