• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why carry a spare mag? (Carry fail confession )

First thing I thought of was the day bangbang was just bang with his single shot Glock ...lol
:pound:

It’s easy to get TOO comfortable handling your EDC gun I guess. I’ve made it a point to pay better attention ever since that day and haven’t carried my Glock in “single shot mode” since then (knock on wood)

Haha oh, well that makes sense. I was just pokin fun at my buddies that got their carry permit, bought a gun, a holster, and thats the extent of it. Never practice ANYTHING in regards to guns, defense stuff, etc. Even simple yet important things like drawing from concealment and what not are far from them
I practice every day. My life depends on it.

I posted a thread about my single-shot 0+1 Glock awhile back. LMAO!

I removed the 33-round “nightstand mag” and got distracted before I inserted the 17-round “carry mag”

I walked around for a couple hours with one in the chamber but no mag before I realized it.

I remember that and thought of you/that post when i started this thread haha

This type situation is why I don't consider carrying right now. 5, almost 3, and 6 month old kids definately have a negative impact on IQ and emotional stability. I'm a little scatterbrained as it is, and kids make it much much worse.
Those kids are an excellent reason to carry...to each his own.

This type situation is why I don't consider carrying right now. 5, almost 3, and 6 month old kids definately have a negative impact on IQ and emotional stability. I'm a little scatterbrained as it is, and kids make it much much worse.
Funny, protection of family is my main motivator to carry.

But then again if you are going to make the decision to own/carry a weapon you must first consider your own capabilities. Both physical and emotional factors.
Problem is most liberals want to make that decision for the rest of the population, based on the assumption that their own afflictions are the same as everyone else.
Most people are able to make this decision, a small percentage are not, hence the very reason we need our 2nd Amendment Rights in the first place.

Those kids are an excellent reason to carry...to each his own.

Oh, its not them, it's me. Once they all can take care of themselves for at least a couple hours without them relying on an adult, I'll reconsider it.

You're right, to each his own

Haha oh, well that makes sense. I was just pokin fun at my buddies that got their carry permit, bought a gun, a holster, and thats the extent of it. Never practice ANYTHING in regards to guns, defense stuff, etc. Even simple yet important things like drawing from concealment and what not are far from them

Couldn't have said it better myself. I have have preached on this for a very long time. Decades.

Oh, its not them, it's me. Once they all can take care of themselves for at least a couple hours without them relying on an adult, I'll reconsider it.
I'm not following. Can you explain this? Are you suggesting carrying makes their father less safe? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom