• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why carry a spare mag? (Carry fail confession )

I think he’s saying that he has made the decision that HE is not safe carrying and shouldn’t have a gun around family.
I actually commend him for his honesty, some are not honest with themselves.

Oh, its not them, it's me. Once they all can take care of themselves for at least a couple hours without them relying on an adult, I'll reconsider it.

You're right, to each his own
I'm not sure I understand this...but okay. I first bought a firearm and started CCing after my oldest was born, she's nearly 7 now. We've got 3 kids 6 y/o and under atm.

Haha oh, well that makes sense. I was just pokin fun at my buddies that got their carry permit, bought a gun, a holster, and thats the extent of it. Never practice ANYTHING in regards to guns, defense stuff, etc. Even simple yet important things like drawing from concealment and what not are far from them
How about those folks that LOVE going to the range (shooting your guns and ammo), are always asking about going again, and agree that they want firearms for home defense/carry, but never get around to buying anything...

Or the person who gets their carry permit and buys a pistol, but nothing else (no ammo even)...and years go by in the same situation.

Sigh...I once thought about loaning out, on a short term basis, an inexpensive 9mm pistol and 12ga pump to close friends that are interested but say they don't have the money.

Then I realized that if they are really interested, they'll find a way to get $200-300 together for a budget firearm.

How about those folks that LOVE going to the range (shooting your guns and ammo), are always asking about going again, and agree that they want firearms for home defense/carry, but never get around to buying anything...

Or the person who gets their carry permit and buys a pistol, but nothing else (no ammo even)...and years go by in the same situation.

Sigh...I once thought about loaning out, on a short term basis, an inexpensive 9mm pistol and 12ga pump to close friends that are interested but say they don't have the money.

Then I realized that if they are really interested, they'll find a way to get $200-300 together for a budget firearm.

Yep, know whatcha mean. I have given pistols to guys that say they want to carry and have something for their home. They gladly take the gun (nice new pistols, not old junk). They Never get their carry license, just keep it all nice and tidy in the box and place it in the closet. Others i know get everything for carry except the most important thing...mindset! They still think and act like sheep and only thing they carry daily is the GWL (carry permit). Hardware (weapons, defensive tools,etc.) without sofware (mindset/paradigm) is in many ways futile.

I'm not sure I understand this...but okay. I first bought a firearm and started CCing after my oldest was born, she's nearly 7 now. We've got 3 kids 6 y/o and under atm.

I'm too careless and distracted at work and home to responsibility CCW right now. Plus I work remote OR travel via plane to different cities. If I had to go downtown every I probably would have a different mindset.

I don't think I've ever carried a gun without a mag in place, but I've carried one that was chamber-empty all day without realizing it.

I've carried a gun for 2+ days with the frame-mounted disabling lock engaged. I had engaged it when leaving the gun in my parked car at the courthouse, and I forget to make it "hot" when I got back.

I've carried my revolver empty, after a range session, absent-mindedly, even though I was wearing that gun on my body as my primary defensive arm for the rest of the day. And in that case, I easily loaded it with that speedloader I keep in my center console. I didn't have to park and rummage through my range bag to find some ammo to load it with.

Back
Top Bottom