• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

why do i even bother with home depot or lowes??

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
9 out of 10 times the employees dont know ****, and the 1 time that i find one who is super knowledgeable and helpful; they dont carry what i need (size 11 gerber shower hot/cold water taps evidently).

literally told me to go to ace hardware (which was super cool of the lowes employee for actually knowing what i needed and giving a damn whether i got it or not). got to ace, got what i needed wihin 15 minutes

ill just go there from now on as a first stop

/rant

I dread going to lowes. They're the last option when I shop for stuff. I do enjoy listening to the employees tell customers how to do renovation stuff as I walk the aisles looking at clearance items.

If I know what I need, I go to Lowe's or HD.

If not, ACE.

Nothing like walking in the front door and having 3 or more KNOWLEDGEABLE folk asking what I need and walking me to the item location.

Edit, Darkdiesel Darkdiesel knows I prefer Costco........
The last ACE hardware I went into, the manager gave me an attitude when I asked for a torque wrench...apparently he didn't know what it was. After I broke it down for him, he showed me the one model that they carried ($80) which was out of stock and he wasn't sure if he was going to order more. I told him it was cool, I'd just order one off of Amazon for half that lol.

I just plan on people at home improvement stores knowing nothing about what they sell...basically I do my research at home and go buy the **** I need lol.

About a month ago I bought a pressure at Lowes. Got it home and opened the next day. Viola. No hardware in the box. So another trip back to return.

ACE normally has stock on fasteners, etc. . . .

Home Despot and Lowe(red expectations) in Macon haven't restocked the specialty hardware cabinets since the store opened. Most bins are empty, or full dust.

Back
Top Bottom