• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why do so many ODT sellers ask for carry license?

What is it, though? I'm fairly certain I've never encountered it.
1643989997946.png

You might have in the first half of the 20th century. It was a tax to vote or "poll tax". Its nefarious purpose was to prevent poor blacks from voting and was deemed unconstitutional.

I feel the purpose of the $72 carry tax for a GWL is the same as the poll tax. As with the poll tax, you can guess which party opposes the elimination of the carry tax...

Very few on here likely were.. It was a voting tax if you will…
You had to pay a tax to vote prior to 1962? Not gonna lie, I think I would support this. Would keep the riff raff from voting based on feelings. But I take it that's why that's not around anymore so demes can get more uneducated votes.

I was not in existence prior to 1962.
Me either. 24th amendment denied me the opportunity.
While not in favor of a poll tax, I am in favor of NOT being able to vote for members of Congress unless you are a tax payer. I wonder how far that campaign platform would get me?

As a student of history, I'm a bit embarrassed that I missed this. Thanks for reminder. :thumb:
I actually thought you were kidding and were being subtle about something over my head.
The left throws that term around today to apply to ANY voting requirement they don't like (which means any that makes it difficult to vote illegally). Voter ID? POLL TAX!

I actually thought you were kidding and were being subtle about something over my head.
The left throws that term around today to apply to ANY voting requirement they don't like (which means any that makes it difficult to vote illegally). Voter ID? POLL TAX!
Voter ID often gets conflated with poll taxes by the left, but they are very different things. Voter ID aims to prevent non citizens from voting; the other aims to prevent citizens from voting.

Voter ID often gets conflated with poll taxes by the left, but they are very different things. Voter ID aims to prevent non citizens from voting; the other aims to prevent citizens from voting.
Of course they are very different. But they are conflated by the left by design.
Almost nobody is for poll taxes, so they have to make everything that will prevent illegal votes (which almost everyone is for) seem like something nobody is for. They are infinitely better marketers than the right.

Back
Top Bottom