• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why I’m quitting the ‘Walking Dead’ franchise

araomd

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
59   0
Reaction score
Why I’m quitting the ‘Walking Dead’ franchise

"The one thing “The Walking Dead” has excelled at in its six seasons has been to force every character that’s survived into taking more and more brutal actions to continue to survive. This evolution is logically inevitable given the show’s central premises. The problem is that, in the end, there’s increasingly little daylight between the main characters and the myriad baddies that the show has introduced. Any character that deviates from this type is usually the victim of a shocking death.

With that kind of thematic constraint, the showrunners have resorted to narrative shortcuts to move along the plot."

i0.kym_cdn.com_photos_images_facebook_000_766_053_409.gif

I stopped watching it when it started to suck ass in the third season. My wife still watches it and every time I try I just get disgusted with the ****ty effects in a billion dollar franchise. They need to hire a gun guy to help them

My wife and I watch it still. It got way better than season 3. I love when they "clock" Glocks and rack shotguns a few times before they shoot.

eh show is staying ever closer to the comics so i've been liking it even more, as far as im concerned next season is when the real walking dead will finally start, its time for war

You assume things will pick up next year. And you know what they say about doing that? They are staying semi true to the comics but less and less so. They are also devoting entire seasons to 2 or 3 pages sometimes. At this rate they could drag this show out forever, or until nobody cares anymore. They try my patience with their shameless gimmickery.

I quit watching after S01E02 or so. Their take on zombies is stupid, the action scenes sucked, and I just didn't find myself wanting to watch the next episode.

I think you missed some good stuff. Nothing like putting the kids to bed after a hard days work, heading down to the nice dark home theater with a cold craft brew and vegging out to the Walking Dead.

You assume things will pick up next year. And you know what they say about doing that? They are staying semi true to the comics but less and less so. They are also devoting entire seasons to 2 or 3 pages sometimes. At this rate they could drag this show out forever, or until nobody cares anymore. They try my patience with their shameless gimmickery.

well from here on thing progress pretty damn quickly and i would say they are actually stay more true now than they ever have

Back
Top Bottom