• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why I’m quitting the ‘Walking Dead’ franchise

there’s increasingly little daylight between the main characters and the myriad baddies that the show has introduced.

I thought this was the whole point of the show, that they are the walking dead.

I don't watch the show. A soap is a soap, I don't care how many people get killed.

Reactions: MRM
Deep man, deep.........or maybe that's the Dogfish Head Immort Ale 11% abv speaking.

Not deep, obvious. The theme goes back at least as far as "The Last Man on Earth", the book I am Legend and The Onega Man is based on, in zombie/horror fiction. Who's the real bad guy?

I think you missed some good stuff. Nothing like putting the kids to bed after a hard days work, heading down to the nice dark home theater with a cold craft brew and vegging out to the Walking Dead.
It's taken the favorite top spot on my 8 year old's TV list beating out Songs Bob. She likes Z Nation too. And for those of y'all that think the effects and gun play are ****ty in TWD just watch a few Z Nation episodes.
My problem with the latest episodes of TWD is that it's getting very grim. Now I know the entire concept of a zombie apocalypse event is grim to begin with. But the show is getting hard to watch just like the last season or two of Sons of Anarchy. That was a good show and we watched all of it but I don't wanna go around again with it. I think the thing with me is that both shows showed just how low down and primal humans can sink. Sign me up for more stuff like Breaking Bad and My Name is Earl.

My wife and I watch it still. It got way better than season 3. I love when they "clock" Glocks and rack shotguns a few times before they shoot.

Since ammo is in such high supply the apocalypse, why not shuck a few rounds on the ground before getting down to bid'ness. Maybe that's equivalent of tipping your open fo-tay to the ground in honor of your homies?

I'm with @Nonliberal, get a gun guy to help write or direct for goodness sake.

The writing and editing still sucks. Everytime I try to watch it, my suspension of disbelief gets cock blocked by pointless awkward pauses and clumsy dialog.

Back
Top Bottom